Please select the projects in which you are interested.
Term: Summer/Fall 2021
Location: Laura’s House Corporate Office
33 Journey, Suite 150
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Hours: 5-10 per week
Laura’s House is seeking a Resale Intern to work alongside our Donation Center team. This intern would ideally be able to commit to 5-10 hours a week, in person, at our Donation Center in Aliso Viejo. The ideal candidate should have experience in retail, ecommerce sales, and administrative work.
Work will include:
- Photographing, posting, and managing items on our ecommerce accounts
- Taking and logging inventory of donated items
- Creating eye-catching displays for our Donation Center Pop-Up Shop
- Scheduling donation pick-ups and deliveries
- Organizing, shipping, and reordering items for retails stores
- Experience with Poshmark, eBay and other ecommerce platforms
- Passion and understanding for secondhand and sustainable retail
- Emergency Shelter
- Position Overview
As part of the Emergency Shelter team, interns will get hands on experience working with survivors of domestic violence. Interns will be trained by staff to assist with the 24- hour hotline and day-to-day operations at the shelter.
Essential Job Functions
• Provide information, crisis intervention, safety plan, and referrals to individuals calling the 24-hour hotline.
• Complete phone intakes for individuals seeking emergency shelter.
• Support staff with client needs, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution to residents as needed.
• Provide interpretation (if applicable).
• Assist with other departments as needed.
• Commitment to elimination domestic violence and helping survivors.
• Interest in working with a diverse population.
• Able to problem solve and work in a flexible, evolving environment.
• Motivated and able to work independently.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Well organized and able to multitask efficiently.
• Current student of human services, social work, women’s studies, or related fields or recent college graduate.
• Completion of 40 hour Domestic Violence training
• Completion of Volunteer and/ or Intern Orientation
• Perform Interview with appropriate staff
• Clear Background check
• Complete Confidentiality Agreement
Availability: 2-5 hours a week for duration of at least 1 year.
Days preferred Monday to Friday
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Intern may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- 33 Journey
- Suite 150
- Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
The Laura's House Social Media Marketing Intern will assist the Fund Development and Community Engagement team in creating and executing social media content.
Daily Duties May Include:
- Creating and publishing social media content across all active platforms
- Creating flyers and collateral for events and campaigns
- Creating content and stories for newsletters
- Presenting with FD team members to local organizations
- Working with active volunteers on projects and schedule donation drives
- Contacting organizations through social media platforms
- Help accept and sort through in-kind donations
- Assist with the day-to-day events, data entry, and administrative tasks which support the domestic violence programs and services.
- Understanding and experience in Hootsuite, Canva, Illustrator, Lightroom, TikTok, and Facebook/Instagram for Businesses
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Passion for Laura's House mission
- Special Events
Special Events throughout the year!
- Brighter Futures Lucheon
- Golf Tournament